Application Characteristics and Construction of Geotextile
Application characteristics of geotextile
1. Since the synthetic fibers currently used in the production of polypropylene nonwoven geotextile factory price are mainly nylon, polyester, polypropylene, and ethylene, they all have strong anti-burial and corrosion resistance properties.
2. The geotextile is a water-permeable material, so it has a good anti-filtration and isolation function.
3. The non-woven geotextile has good drainage performance due to its fluffy structure.
4. Geotextile has good puncture resistance, so it has good protection performance
5. Geotextile has good friction coefficient and tensile strength and has geotechnical reinforcement performance
Geotechnical anti-seepage membrane construction
The construction of the geotechnical impervious membrane is to affix a geotextile on one or both sides of the membrane to form a composite geotechnical impervious membrane. Its form has cloth, a film, two cloths, and a film.
The high quality filament nonwoven geotextile acts as the protective layer of the geomembrane, protecting the impervious layer from damage. In order to reduce ultraviolet radiation and increase anti-aging performance, it is best to use the buried method.
During construction, firstly use sand or clay with a smaller material diameter to level the base surface, and then lay a geomembrane. The geomembrane should not be stretched too tightly, and the ends embedded in the soil body are corrugated. Finally, a layer of about 10cm is laid on the geomembrane with fine sand or clay. Lay 20-30cm stone (or concrete prefabricated block) as a shock protection layer. During construction, every effort should be made to prevent stones from directly hitting the geomembrane, and it is best to construct the protective layer while laying the membrane. The connection between the composite geomembrane and the surrounding structure should be anchored by expansion bolts and steel plate strips, and the joint should be painted with emulsified asphalt (2mm thick) to prevent leakage. The joint treatment of geomembrane is a key process, which directly affects the anti-seepage effect. The general joint methods are ① overlap: the overlap width should be greater than 15cm; ② heat welding: suitable for slightly thicker geomembrane substrate, the overlap width of the weld is not less than 5CM. (Easy to open glue, poor anti-seepage effect.)
According to many years of practice, the thickness of the anti-seepage film is not less than 0.25mm. Too thin may cause porosity, and it is easy to be damaged during construction and reduce the anti-seepage effect. In the construction of geomembrane, special attention should be paid to ensure that the laying is not too tight, no wrinkling, and the splicing must be firm.