Geomembrane is a soft and thin impermeable engineering material
Geomembrane is actually a soft and thin impermeable engineering material, which mainly has the following characteristics and advantages:
(1) Good permeability, continuous and dense geomembrane, as long as the design and construction quality are ensured, the ideal anti-seepage effect can be achieved.
(2) Strong toughness, good flexibility of geomembrane, high tensile strength, and ductility, can be applied to various cross-sections, and can also be used for settlement or displacement.
(3) The construction is simple, the geomembrane is light in weight, and the main construction operation is laying and processing the joints, which is simple and fast, which helps to shorten the construction period.
(4) Anticorrosion: Geomembrane has a strong resistance to chemical erosion, is not easily eroded by soil and water, has a long service life and good economic benefits.
(5) Low cost. According to statistical calculations, the cost per unit area of the geomembrane is only about 10% of the concrete material. On the basis of ensuring the penetration effect, the project cost and investment can be greatly reduced.
Issues that should be paid attention to in the application of geotechnical materials.
1. Product quality
The quality of the geomembrane itself is the key to dike protection. When transporting the geomembrane, it should not be damaged or contaminated to avoid long-term exposure. Check whether the geomembrane specifications meet the construction requirements before entering the site. When each batch of geomembrane arrives at the construction site, the supervising engineer shall conduct a sampling inspection, and it can be used for construction only after passing the inspection.
2. Laying film quality
When laying the membrane, it must be carried out in strict accordance with the design plan and specifications, and the sundries and impurities on the underlying layer should be removed first to prevent these sundries from damaging the geomembrane. During the film laying process, ensure that the film surface is flat and wrinkle-free, and the tension is well controlled. Another thing to note is that on-site operators should not wear hard-soled shoes.
3 Seam processing
Handling the joints is an important link to ensure that the geomembrane plays its due anti-seepage effect. If the joints are not handled properly, the water will not only fail to prevent seepage but will also enter the bottom of the film through the gaps, causing expansion and rupture. Adhesives are mainly used for laying geomembranes. Clean the joints before bonding, and then use rolling technology to make them solidify. In general, the bonding width of the geomembrane should be controlled within. 10cm after the completion, the bonding inspection should be carried out in time, and the subsequent construction can be started after the qualification is confirmed. In addition, after laying and overlapping, the upper protective layer should be covered in time to avoid damage due to external factors.