Construction Requirements for Clay Protective Impervious Layer
1. Carefully select the clay before construction, thoroughly remove the stones, roots, branches, glass slag, steel heads, and other sharp objects in the clay to prevent damage to the HDPE geomembrane and non-woven geotextile.
2. For dry and hard clay blocks, set a special person to remove them to prevent HDPE geomembrane and non-woven geotextile from being damaged when tamped or rolled with a light roller.
3. Strictly control the water content of the clay. After entering the field, please ask professional technicians to test the optimal clay water content on the site to ensure that the compaction density has reached the design requirements. Dry the clay with large water content. Sprinkle water if the water content is less than the optimal water content. The dump truck will transport the clay to the up and down slopes, and then backfill with a hand truck and manually.
4. The construction direction is in the direction of the construction of the non-woven geotextile. The soil is mainly transported by rickshaw, and the springboard or steel formwork is spread on the soil and the cart is used to transport the soil. Deploy along the construction direction to prevent damage to the impervious layer and non-woven geotextile.
5. The clay protective layer is paved and rolled into two layers. The first layer is 20 cm thick, and the compaction direction is perpendicular to the filling direction. The second laminate has a solid thickness of 10 cm. In order to ensure that the compactness of design exceeds 80%, the loosening coefficient of clay is determined by field tests. Manual compaction is used to compact the vertical paving direction, and the compactness meets the design requirements.
6. The first layer is compacted by hand-held vibrating compaction, using 4 to 6 sets of handheld type vibrating tamping and compacted in steps. When the design requirements are met, please report to the supervision engineer for acceptance. 1 ~ 1.5T compact roller or walk-behind vibratory compaction, compaction, and compaction, meet the design requirements. After passing the self-inspection, report it to the supervision engineer for inspection, and then proceed to the next process after passing the inspection.