Construction Steps of Bentonite Waterproof Blanket
Construction steps of bentonite waterproof blanket
1. The bentonite waterproof blanket itself has a large finished product, which is suitable for forklift truck transportation and laying.
2. Two pieces of bentonite waterproof blanket should be overlapped and connected.
3. When the wholesale bentonite geosynthetic clay liner is laid on more than 10% of the slope, the number of overlaps along the length of the slope should be minimized. The bentonite cushion on the slope must exceed the slope foot line by more than 1500 mm.
4. Any equipment used for laying bentonite waterproof blankets cannot operate on paved geosynthetics. When installing the bentonite waterproof blanket, the outdoor temperature shall not be lower than 0 ℃ or higher than 40 ℃.
5. The waterproof blanket cannot be unfolded in windy weather to avoid being blown away by the wind.
6. The laying method must ensure that the wholesale GCL geosynthetic clay liner is in direct contact with the underlying foundation to eliminate wrinkles. Any folding, folding or arching may cause the same situation with other geotechnical materials in the soil layer. To avoid folding, folding and arching.
7. Bentonite waterproof blanket equipment must be approved by the supervision engineer before use. Unprotected razors or “quick knives” are not allowed.
8. When laying the bentonite cushion, try to reduce the drag of the bentonite cushion on the foundation, so as not to damage the contact surface between the bentonite cushion and the ground. If necessary, a layer of temporary geotextile can be added to the ground to reduce friction damage to the bentonite cushion.
9. The laying and overlapping of bentonite cushions should be parallel to the inclined direction of the slope. If the slope is greater than 4: 1, the bentonite cushion shall not overlap horizontally within 1m of the slope top or slope top.